There are two main entrance points to Milbourne Lodge; one into Reception in the Pre-Prep and the other into Year 3 in the Prep School.
Entry into Reception is non-selective and we offer places in the date order of parent registration. We encourage early registration as places are very much in demand. Places are offered the summer before the year of joining, allowing 18 months notice of a place in Reception.
Entry into Year 3 is selective and our Entrance test is held in the November before the year of joining.
Entrance into other Year Groups is dealt with on an individual basis.
A £100 Registration Fee is payable on return of the Registration Form. This can be paid by cheque or bank transfer. We strongly encourage a personal visit to the school before you consider registration. We recommend an initial visit on one of our Open Days, followed by an appointment with Mrs Waite for a more personal visit should you have more specific or individual questions. Priority is always given to siblings.
The Admissions Process
Enquiry from a Prospective Parent
The School Prospectus is sent. This contains the Registration Form.
Prospective parents visit the school at Open Morning.
Prospective parents have a personal appointment with the Head.
The Registration Form is completed and received by the school along with the Registration Fee of £100.
If a child has a learning difficulty, an additional visit is arranged to discuss appropriate strategies with the Learning Support Co-ordinator.
If a child is considered suitable to join Milbourne Lodge, an offer letter is sent confirming the offer of a place and requesting the return of the Acceptance Form and Acceptance Deposit (£1,000).
The Acceptance Form and Acceptance Deposit are received and acknowledged.
New Joiners’ Information is sent out in the Summer Term before the September start date. This includes an invitation to a Welcome Afternoon for parents and children. This event is usually held in June.
Please select the tabs below to find out more about our Admissions Process.
- For Reception entry, places are offered in the Summer Term, four terms prior to the September entry. A waiting list will be maintained where there are more applicants than places available.
- For NCY1 or NCY2 entry the child will be asked to come for a ‘Taster Morning’ during which an assessment will take place.
- Priority is given to siblings of children already at the school.
- Children in the Pre-Prep are continually assessed to ensure their suitability to move into the Prep School. Entry to the Prep is not guaranteed.
- For NCY3 entry all children sit our Entrance Test. This is held in the November of the year before joining.
- The Test covers Maths and English and there is also an informal discussion with a senior member of staff which includes a verbal comprehension. The children also take part in an activity session with games staff.
- If there are spaces, late applicants can be tested on a ‘one to one’ basis, usually when visiting the school on a ‘Taster Day’.