History of the School
Milbourne Lodge was founded in 1912 by Mr. Harvey Wyatt, who established the School in Arbrook Lane, Esher. The School remains on its original site with the prep school year groups occupying the original school building and the pre-prep year groups taught in what was previously the Headmaster’s house.
In 1948 the school was bought by Norman Hale who was Headmaster for fifty-one years. During Mr.Hale’s tenure, Milbourne Lodge became one of England’s leading preparatory schools recognized for outstanding academic achievements and numerous scholarship awards to top public schools.
In 2007 Milbourne Lodge became part of the Cognita group and continues to focus on the pursuit of excellence with a long serving and committed teaching staff. In 2009 the School introduced intake at Year 3, aligning with the modern preparatory school year group structure. A Year 1 intake was also welcomed into the School in response to strong local demand. Building on this success, September 2010 saw the launch of our Pre-Preparatory Department which now incorporates Reception through to Year 2.